Category Manager, Corporate
Job no: 504456
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
The Star Entertainment Group is Australia’s leading integrated luxury resort provider. Outstanding customer experience is our passion and central to our brand and value proposition. We are experience significant growth through an intensive capital development program and are constantly expanding into new and larger properties. To support our growth strategy and ensure value is delivered and systems are operating effectively, we are strengthening our Procurement organisation and capabilities.
Procurement is adopting best practice service delivery and seeks proactive professionals who bring passion to the table. You’ll solve problems for people who don't know they have them and find answers for questions that haven't been asked. You’ll be a team player and true business partner who enjoys initiating new strategies and seeing them through.
We are looking to recruit a Category Manager Corporate to join the team. Reporting directly to the Procurement Manager Indirects, you will work as part of a dynamic team to meet growing business requirements, drive efficiencies, innovation and lead the corporate services category ensuring it meets the business objectives and strategies.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop key stakeholder engagement and management to ensure category strategies and supply base is aligned to changing strategic and operational business needs.
- Develop and maintain business aligned category and sub category strategies that reflect change management plans ensuring best total cost of ownership outcomes.
- Identify and mitigate all supply risks by reviewing and reporting on market conditions and trends highlighting new market entrants, supplier changes, innovation, planned and unplanned including seasonal risk factors.
- Performance based supplier relationship management based on contracted performance targets, KPIs, customer feedback and market assessment for key suppliers and stakeholders including escalated issues management and resolution.
- Develop a culture of innovation and ongoing cost improvements with all suppliers.
- Establish and periodically validate catalogues and pricing files for operational use.
- Establish and maintain market competitive category supplier panels and single source supplier relationships with continual validation and qualification of current and potential supplier's capability products and service
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills along with the ability to develop effective commercial relationships both internally and externally.
- Proven track record of professional procurement gained within a customer focused, commercial industry, being a strategic business partner that has delivered tangible benefits both in terms of cost savings and performance outcomes.
- Strategic approach to category management to deliver commercial benefits and innovation to the business.
- Experience in a complex 24/7/365 environment managing, multiple sub categories with a large number of suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Experience in delivering change ready outcomes via effective change management across contract, supplier, product and services implementation and on-going performance measurement and management
- Knowledge of related suppliers, trends, products and innovations in the industry with an understanding of key price influencers.
- Experience in professional services and human resource categories is desirable.
Career minded professionals who are keen to learn and develop the procurement career should be interested in this role.
The Star Entertainment Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.
If you've got the drive to influence change, grow with our business and inspire a team to achieve greater things, come and play with us at The Star Entertainment Group.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now