Construction Project Manager
Job no: 504751
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Construction and Project Management
The Star Entertainment Group is a leading owner and operator of integrated resorts and casinos in Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Our Group is experiencing an exciting time of growth and targeted investment across all our properties.
Our industry is exciting, highly competitive and our operations are broad and dynamic. We operate across culturally diverse segments within local and international markets. Our commitment is that every one of our guests enjoys a thrilling experience and that reflects a local pride in everything we do. We understand that true teamwork drives outstanding outcomes for both our team members and for our guests.
Unique opportunity for Construction Project Manager with proven delivery experience in operational environments
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager you will assist in the delivery of works in the capital projects pipeline. Works will range in values up to $10m, and could be anything from refurbishment of team member dressing rooms, upgrade restaurant kitchen to redesign of gaming rooms.
As part of a large, high performing team at The Star Sydney you will ensure the projects you are assigned are delivered on time, to budget and be mindful in minimizing the disruption to business operations. This will require a candidate that can work autonomously, and make the right calls at the right time to keep projects moving to schedule.
- Co-ordinate and manage projects nominated by Senior Project Manager
- Manage site planning and management of specific development projects to cost, time, scope, quality and resource allocation
- Brief architects, designers, contractors and suppliers and ensure Document Control Systems (DCS) are developed, maintained and updated. Manage the flow chart systems to track design paths with operational teams and designers.
- Assist with the review, scoping and budget compilation of projects requests
- Ensure that the contractor’s induction program is completed by all contractors prior to commencement of works.
- Assist the Legal team with contract documentation and obtain relevant statutory approvals such as Development Approvals (DA) and Building Approvals (BA) prior to the commencement of any works.
- Prepare and issue the operational reports in relation to approved projects across each property progress and prepare and issue
- Monitor the quality of service to ensure high standards are maintained always.
- Ensure adherence to work safety and building legislation
- Build and maintain productive internal and external relationships to engage stakeholders and enable effective delivery of the project.
Strong interpersonal skills allow you to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to drive a superior guest service culture. You have strong technical knowledge including an understanding of all obligations under project management including legal, contractual, reporting, document control and health and safety obligations
We seek a candidate with tertiary qualifications in project or construction management that has proven and recent delivery experience in an operational environment or large commercial property projects.
It's your move
The Star Entertainment group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.
If you've got the drive to influence change, grow with our business and inspire a team to achieve greater things, come and play with us at The Star Entertainment Group. Make your next move by clicking the link below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now